Color your Autumn in Gangwon
Dear all, finally the Autumn season has come over to us officially! With the cool Autumn breeze, the biggest highlight in Autumn will be fall foliage. Fall foliage in Korea starts from the coldest place, so Gangwon located in northern and east part of Korea always welcomes this great nature’s change in a first place.
According to the forecast, we are expecting the first foliage to begin from 29 Sept in Mt. Seorak and slowly come down to the southern part. Let’s do pre-study about where to visit in Gangwon to see the best fall foliage view 🙂
Mt.Seorak National Park (설악산 국립공원)
Mt. Seorak is the very first place you can see the fall foliage. There is a saying, “You cannot but fall in love with Mt. Seorak that embraces human beings.”Mt. Seorak is also called ‘incomparable beauty’, and shape of towering mountains and rocks and emerald-colored water flowing through falls and valleys create such magnificent scene.
- 95 Daecheongbong-gil, Seo-myeon, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea
How to go?
Grace Travel has a direct ride from Seoul to Mt. Seorak.
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Sokcho (Travel time: approx. 2hr 30min).
– From Sokcho Express / Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 7 or 7-1.
– Get off at Sogongwon Bus Stop (Travel time: approx. 45 min).
Hongcheon Ginkgo Forest (홍천 은행나무숲)
Hongcheon ginkgo forest even featured in Miss flower series in Korea Tourism Organization opens in October only. IIts beautiful story is of a husband who planted a ginkgo tree for his ill wife to wish for her health since 1985 and is now grown into a majestic forest. Come see the beautiful ginkgo tree garden and feel the great love.
- 586-1 Gwangwon-ri, Nae-myeon, Hongcheon-gun, Kangwon, South Korea
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Hongcheon (Travel time: approx. 1hr 30min).
– From Hongcheon Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus going to Nae-myeon (1hr 30min)
– Transfer to the bus going to Mok Maek Dong (20 min)
Inje Betula platyphylla forest (인제 자작나무 숲)
Walking by the Betula platyphylla trees and Narincheon valley feels like stepping into a fantasy world. The whispering sound and rustle of the leaves will let you know that you are in the midst of Korea’s beautiful autumn.
- 760, Wonnam-Ro, Inje-Eup, Inje-Gun, Gangwon, South Korea
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Inje (Travel time: approx. 1hr 30min).
– From Inje Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus going to Wondaeri (40min)
Nami island (남이섬)
Nami Island is a small island on the outskirts of Chuncheon. It is a great place for taking a stroll with friends and loved ones, surrounded by art, culture, and the nature. In fall, autumn colors of maple trees and ginkgo trees are gorgeous, and you can enjoy the view on bikes or electric cars. Various cultural events take place on this island all around the year, like art exhibitions, photo exhibitions, children’s book exhibitions, book fair and concerts.
- Admission Fee: 8,000 KRW (Foreigner)
- Operation Hours: April-October: 09:00~19:00 / November-March 09:00~18:00
– From Yongsan Station (Line #1) in Seoul, take ITX (Intercity Express Train) to Chuncheon Station
– Take Chuncheon City Tour Bus and take off at Nami island stop
Ready to color your Autumn in Gangwon? 🙂
Stay tune with us,